We are excited to welcome all student athletes, families, and friends to Tavares and Lake County for the SSAC Girls Beach Volleyball Championships at the Hickory Point Beach Sand Volleyball Complex. We wish you all the best of luck during the tournament and hope you enjoy your time in Central Florida! Below are a few tips to help you plan your trip.
Places to Eat & Drink
There are a lot of great local options for a taste of “Real Florida.” Many local restaurants offer delivery and take-out service as well. The city of Tavares offers a variety of waterfront restaurants to grab a bite to eat and watch the seaplanes take off, including Puddle Jumpers (which is seaplane themed!). Don’t forget to stop Tavares Ice Cream and get a scoop (or two) of one of their 30+ flavors!More Dining Options
Where to Stay
There is a wide variety of accommodation options for anglers and visitors. Visit Lake has helped secure the below group rates for visiting anglers. Please mention the event name when booking your rooms.
Days Inn & Suites Clermont – $99 + tax per night; Call the hotel at (352) 429-0483 and ask for the Sunshine State Athletic Conference Beach Volleyball Championships group rate.
Exploria Express Orlando – $99 + tax per night, Unit w/ 2-Queen Beds; Use link https://reservations.travelclick.com/85082?RatePlanId=5326708 and Rate Access Code: HSVOL
Hampton Inn Leesburg/Tavares – $149 + tax per night, Click Here to book your room at the Hampton Inn Leesburg/Tavares online
Key West Resort on Lake Dora – Tavares – $134.10-$152.10 – Call the hotel at (352) 508-5344, dial prompt 2 and ask for the Sunshine State Athletic Conference Beach Volleyball Championships group rate. LIMITED AVAILABILITY.
La Bella Inn Tavares – $75 + tax per night; call the hotel directly at 352-787-6363 and refer to the event name
Quality Inn Leesburg Chain Of Lakes – $109 + tax per night; call the hotel directly at 352-343-4666 and refer to the event name
Swiss Vacation Houses – Contact the property directly for rates and availability at 352-429-2178 and refer to the event name
Woodspring Suites Clermont-Minneola – $69.99 + tax per night; Direct booking link and promo code coming soonBook a Place to Stay
Things to Do
Our Travel Blog has a lot of great ideas of things to do while you are in town for the event. We have also included a list below of different places you must see and do while visiting Lake County. We hope you enjoy your time in “Real Florida. Real Close.”
Plan your trip with these must do and see places in Lake County
- Take a sunset cruise on the Dora Queen, an 80-foot luxury New Orleans-style paddlewheel boat.
- Visit one of the many U-Pick Farms for Fresh from Florida treats.
- Go wine tasting at Florida’s largest winery and vineyards at Lakeridge Winery & Vineyards.
- Book a tour on the beautiful Dora Canal with one of the many tour providers including Premier Boat Tours, Rusty Anchor or CatBoat Adventure Tours to name a few.
- Explore one of the Florida State Parks including Lake Louisa State Park or Lake Griffin State Park.
- Get (really) dirty driving off-road on an ATV or “Mucky Duck” at Revolution Adventures.
- Visit one of the original Florida roadside attractions at the Showcase of Citrus.
- Book a guided bass fishing trip on the Harris Chain of Lakes with one of our Local Fishing Guides.
- Go on a flight-seeing tour with Jones Brothers Air & Seaplane Adventures.
- Swim or paddle around Alexander Springs or Clearwater Lake Recreation Area.
- Visit the town of Astor and take a tour of the St. Johns River with St. Johns River Tours.
- Try a new sport at JetSurf Orlando.