We are excited to welcome all student athletes, families, and friends to Tavares and Lake County for the AVCA Small College Beach Championships at the Hickory Point Beach Sand Volleyball Complex. We wish you all the best of luck during the tournament and hope you enjoy your time in Central Florida! Below are a few tips to help you plan your trip.
Make sure to follow @VisitLakeFL on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and tag your photos with #ShareMyLake for a chance to be featured.
Places to Eat & Drink
There are a lot of great local options for a taste of “Real Florida.” Many local restaurants offer delivery and take-out service as well. The city of Tavares offers a variety of waterfront restaurants to grab a bite to eat and watch the seaplanes take off, including Puddle Jumpers (which is seaplane themed!). Don’t forget to stop Tavares Ice Cream and get a scoop (or two) of one of their 30+ flavors!More Dining Options
Where to Stay
There is a wide variety of accommodation options for teams, families and fans. Check out the Visit Lake website for more accommodation information. Please mention the event name when booking your rooms.Book a Place to Stay
Things to Do
Our Travel Blog has a lot of great ideas of things to do while you are in town for the event. We have also included a list below of different places you must see and do while visiting Lake County. We hope you enjoy your time in “Real Florida. Real Close.”
Plan your trip with these must do and see places in Lake County
- Take a sunset cruise on the Dora Queen, an 80-foot luxury New Orleans-style paddlewheel boat.
- Visit one of the many U-Pick Farms for Fresh from Florida treats.
- Go wine tasting at Florida’s largest winery and vineyards at Lakeridge Winery & Vineyards.
- Book a tour on the beautiful Dora Canal with one of the many tour providers including Premier Boat Tours, Rusty Anchor or CatBoat Adventure Tours to name a few.
- Explore one of the Florida State Parks including Lake Louisa State Park or Lake Griffin State Park.
- Get (really) dirty driving off-road on an ATV or “Mucky Duck” at Revolution Adventures.
- Visit one of the original Florida roadside attractions at the Showcase of Citrus.
- Book a guided bass fishing trip on the Harris Chain of Lakes with one of our Local Fishing Guides.
- Go on a flight-seeing tour with Jones Brothers Air & Seaplane Adventures.
- Swim or paddle around Alexander Springs or Clearwater Lake Recreation Area.
- Visit the town of Astor and take a tour of the St. Johns River with St. Johns River Tours.
- Try a new sport at JetSurf Orlando.