We are excited to welcome all athletes, families, and friends to Groveland and Lake County for the 2021 IWWF World Waterski Championships at Sunset Lakes at Jack Travers’ International Tournament Skiing. We wish you all the best of luck during the competition and hope you enjoy your time in Central Florida! Below are a few tips to help you plan your trip.
Places to Eat & Drink
There are a lot of great local options for a taste of “Real Florida.” Many local restaurants offer delivery and take-out service as well. If it’s something casual with amazing views you’re looking for, check out Lily’s on the Lake or the Tiki Bar and Grill, both on the shores of Lake Minneola. The Crooked Spoon Gastropub offers a range of delicious yet surprising options, as does Southern on 8th.More Dining Options
Where to Stay
There is a wide variety of accommodation options for teams, families and fans. Check out the Visit Lake website for more accommodation information. Please mention the event name when booking your rooms.Book a Place to Stay
Things to Do
Our Travel Blog has a lot of great ideas of things to do while you are in town for the event. We have also included a list below of different places you must see and do while visiting Lake County. We hope you enjoy your time in “Real Florida. Real Close.”
Plan your trip with these must do and see places in Lake County
- Get (really) dirty driving off-road on an ATV or “Mucky Duck” at Revolution Adventures
- Visit an original Florida roadside attraction like the 226-foot-tall Citrus Tower or the Showcase of Citrus.
- Go wine tasting at Florida’s largest winery and vineyards at Lakeridge Winery & Vineyards.
- Explore one of the Florida State Parks including Lake Louisa State Park or Lake Griffin State Park.
- Try a new sport at JetSurf Orlando.
- Book a guided bass fishing trip on the Harris Chain of Lakes with one of our Local Fishing Guides.
- Visit one of the many U-Pick Farms for Fresh from Florida treats.