Lake County, FL is “Real Florida. Real Close.” Less than a three-hour drive away, it is the PERFECT DISTANCE to spend a couple of days exploring and get closer to those you love most. Go for a hike, rent a boat, play a round of golf, shop and dine in one of our historic communities or just relax as you escape to a peaceful retreat nearby.
Plan your trip with these must do and see places in Lake County
- Stay overnight at the historic Lakeside Inn or the Mission Inn Resort & Club.
- Go wine tasting at Florida’s largest winery and vineyards at Lakeridge Winery & Vineyards.
- Book a tour on the beautiful Dora Canal with one of the many tour providers including Premier Boat Tours, Rusty Anchor or CatBoat Adventure Tours to name a few.
- Explore one of the Florida State Parks including Lake Louisa State Park or Lake Griffin State Park.
- Get (really) dirty driving off-road on an ATV or “Mucky Duck” at Revolution Adventures.
- Visit one of the original Florida roadside attractions at the Showcase of Citrus.
- Schedule a fishing trip on the Harris Chain of Lakes with one of the local fishing guides.
- Go on a flight-seeing tour with Jones Brothers Air & Seaplane Adventures.
- Swim or paddle around Alexander Springs or Clearwater Lake Recreation Area.
- Visit the town of Astor and take a tour of the St. Johns River with St. Johns River Tours.
- Try a new sport at JetSurf Orlando.