Lake County, FL is “Real Florida. Real Close.” Less than a two-hour drive away, it is the PERFECT DISTANCE to explore the great outdoors for a day or more and get closer to those you love most. Go for a hike, ride your bike on a trail, go horseback riding, view wildlife and more in the parks and trails nearby.
Plan your trip with these must do and see places in Lake County
- Explore one of the Florida State Parks including Lake Louisa State Park or Lake Griffin State Park.
- Hike around the the Alexander Springs Recreation Area or the Ocala National Forest.
- Ride your bike along one of the many paved-trails including the South Lake Trail, part of the Florida Coast-to-Coast Trail System.
- Go wildlife viewing on the Lake Apopka Wilderness Drive.
- Go horseback riding at Lake Louisa State Park or Rock Springs Run State Reserve.
- Enjoy the scenery from the Green Mountain Scenic Overlook.